Guidelines for In-Person Sunday Services
UPDATE FROM THE REOPENING TASK FORCE: Our Task Force team met Wednesday, June 16, 2021. Because of the high vaccination rate of our members and lifted restrictions at the state and county level, we are quickly restarting much of what has been on hold for the past year. The following changes are being made for our Covid protocols in the church:
- We will no longer check attendance at the door.
- Children under 12 and all those over 12 who are not fully vaccinated, will need to wear masks at all times in the church building.
- Those who are fully vaccinated do not need to wear a mask in the church.
- We will continue to keep social distance seating in the sanctuary, and ushers will continue to guide people.
- Singing is allowed for those who are fully vaccinated.
- Children will be invited to come to the chancel for Children’s Time.
- Restrooms are fully open.
- Elevator can be used if needed.
- AA Groups and Gamblers Anon are back meeting in the church.
- We have been approving other groups to use our church as well. Please contact Erin if your group wants to begin meeting at the church so you can get on the Calendar!
- The Chancel Choir typically has the summer off, so they will begin again in September. Members will need to be fully vaccinated to participate.
- Nursery care will begin again after Labor Day.
- Coffee Hour, and other food in the building is on hold for now, but we are anticipating starting up again in September.
- An active search for a Contemporary Worship Team Leader is underway.
- The Annual Rummage Sale is being planned for the first week in October.
The Task Force will be meeting at least monthly as we continue to adjust to the guidelines provided to us by the county/state and UM Conference. We are planning for a return to two services by Fall.